Friday, 28 June 2013

Second post

It's the weekend!
So What am I up to? Nothing much really, just catching up with some works and finishing up my other short film project that has been ongoing since the start of this year.

In terms of this short film the date for the audition has been set but the venue is still yet to be determined. I am now blocking up shooting schedule and revising the script prior to sending bits and pieces of it to the actors and actresses that will be trying out for the role.

I already had in mind which part I will be using in the  casting process. For Andrew (our protagonist), I will be using a scene that shows his relationship with Alana at the start of the short film and a scene when he breaks down infront of the car. I think this will be a good test of an acting range as those two scenes portray his highest and lowest point emotionally plus that will be used to see how the actress react in a role of Alana as well.

For Kate, we will use the scene where she tries to remember her daughter as that will show the level of interaction between her and Andrew as well as how far the actress can emotionally portray someone that is struggling so hard to keep her....sanity (for lack of a better word).

So by the sound of it, this will be quite an audition. It will a lot of people getting in touch with the most bottom part of their emotional spectrum and that's what I'm looking for. Just complete shattered souls who can portray those characters I have in mind. This might seem a bit gruesome but if they can't deliver what I'm looking for then the film won't be able to convey my story accurately.

I guess what I'm trying to say with this film is that how can you pick yourself up and rebuild yourself again after something so catastrophic happened to your life? Everything that once seem fine and you have thought that it will last forever, then all of the sudden comes crashing down.

How will our characters play out in this film?

No comments:

Post a Comment